Wednesday, August 26, 2015

The Best Cream-Coloured Eyeshadow

If you have been following my blog for some time you know it's not the first time I mention Wet n Wild single eyeshadow in Brulee. I decided why not make a separate post on it since it has a special place in my makeup collection. As a matter of fact it's the only single eyeshadow that I have used up completely and as soon as I did I had to get a new one. If you want to find out why this little guy is so special then keep on reading!


Shortly Wet n Wild is an affordable cruelty-free brand. In my opinion they make one of the best eyeshadow pallets on the market which can easily rival some of the higher-end ones. One of my all-time favourites is the Comfort Zone palette which I have raved about earlier. Recently I have tried their Megalast Liquid Lip Color but more on that in another post. From their single eyeshadows I have used obviously Brulee, but also Nutty. Both are fantastic, but Brulee is a definite winner. 

Wet n Wild Single Eyeshadow in Brulee

Wet n Wild single eyeshadows come in simple plastic packaging, nothing fancy. I personally don't mind the design and think it's quite sturdy for what it is and pretty compact for travelling. You get 1,7g of product which is a good amount for an individual shadow. For comparison Makeup Geek single eyeshadows contain 1,8g of product. Brulee to me is a perfect creamy-nude colour. It's not too warm and it's not too cool. For example Makeup Geek's eyeshadow in Baby Face is more cool toned while Peach Smoothie is warmer/peachier. The texture is buttery smooth and you need a tiny bit of product to get full opacity. It can be slightly powdery, but I don't see it as a problem with such a light colour. Plus you can always tap your brush to get the excess product off. Now that I think about it, in terms of consistency it reminds me of the Urban Decay eyeshadows. When you apply Brulee on the lids it doesn't feel or look chalky and it doesn't leave any streaks or gaps. I use this colour every time I do my makeup. It works great as a base to help other colours blend easier or you can wear it on its own with a darker colour in a crease.

Wet n Wild Single Eyeshadow in Brulee

The only downside I can think of is when you hit pan on it big time, it can crumble/fall apart easily. To be fair I witnessed it happen to other powder products such as powders and blushes. Just don't take it with you on the go when it's in that state. Besides great quality this eyeshadow comes at an extremely affordable price point. Of course that varies depending on the location but I got mine from Bulgaria and it was around 1,99€. For my Finnish readers out there you can get Wet n Wild products from Pretty.fi or BeautyJoint (ships internationally). 

If you are looking for a staple to be added to your makeup collection I suggest you check Wet n Wild's Brulee out. It's a perfect cream-colour eyeshadow that can be used in multiple ways. Once you try it I guarantee you will never want to use any other skin-toned, neutral, cream-colour shadow. At least I haven't found anything better and I have tried a ton!

Let me know if you know of any other hidden gems out there that I should try!

Cheers,
Muffy

2 comments:

  1. looks nice (especially given the price point!) and reminds me of Urban Decay's Walk of Shame which is my favorite base shadow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried the UD one, but will keep it in mind. Yes, you can't beat the price point!

      Delete