Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum

Let's be honest, it's hard to tell if an eye cream is doing anything unless your wrinkles disappear miraculously over night. On the other hand understanding if the eye cream is not working for you is way simpler. You can figure it out after several uses. I've had Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum for some time now and let me share my thoughts!

Kiehl's Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum

It promises to visibly lift, firm and restore youthful looking shape to eyes. You can use this eye cream underneath your eyes and for the lids. It contains 10% of Botanical Extract and Sodium Hyaluronate. It comes with a pretty standard amount of product for an eye cream - 15ml, but what's not so common, it has a pump. I think it's a big plus since you don't have to dip your finger into a pot (that can be pretty annoying if you have longish nails). The packaging is made out of a light weight material, my guess it's aluminium but don't quote me on that. This makes it fantastic for travelling as it's not prone to breakage as glass would be. You can also control how much product you squeeze, meaning you can press lightly and get a small amount or apply more pressure and pump a larger amount of product. 

Kiehl's Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum

When it comes to the actual product it has a relatively light weight texture. It's not heavy by any means. I haven't noticed any overpowering artificial scent to it. So far so good, right?  It absored pretty quickly when I tried it on my hand, but when I applied it on my lids it was a totally different story. It would just sit on the lids and under the eye area. After waiting a good amount of time for it to absorb (around 10-15 min) it still felt tacky. The best part was when I tried to put my eye-makeup and concealer on and it started to crumble. It was not a good look nor feel. Frankly speaking I was really disappointed. It's not cheap and I was hoping that it would at least help in the moisturization department, needless to say have eye-opening properties. I tried to work with it multiple times. I would stop using it and later come back to it and give it another shot. Every time I would do so, I would catch myself thinking that I know why I stopped using it on the first place. I actually started to wonder maybe I got a bad one and it's just a bad luck. My friend has tried a sample of this product and she experienced exactly the same problem with it crumbling off.

My final verdict, I would not recommend this product. If you want a good all-rounder that will absorb quickly, keep your dry eyelids at bay and one that would come with a pump, I say look in the direction of Biotherm Aquasource Biosensitive Fragile Eye ContourThis eye cream has not let me down and one of a few I can actually see working for me. If you are not concerned with dry eyelids and want something more potent for the area under the eyes that would also brighten I would suggest getting a sample of Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Youth Regenerating Eye Balm and see how you get along.

Let me know what is your all time favourite eye cream or have you found one!

Cheers,
Muffy


No comments:

Post a Comment