Sunday, August 23, 2015

Murad Environmental Shield Jet Set Starter Kit

I am pretty new to Murad skincare. I heard a lot of good things about it but never really tried mainly due to the hefty price tag. Recently while browsing Feelunique I stumbled across Murad's Gifts & Sets section. I thought it would be wise to try a starter kit first before investing into a full size product that can potentially cause a breakout. I think Murad sets offer good value for money. You actually get a three step system which is all you need for a complete skincare routine. I settled for the Environmental Shield line so let's get right into the products, shall we!

Murad Environmental Shield Jet Set Starter Kit

The Environmental Shield line is aimed at targeting dull skin, fighting dark spots and wrinkles. I am up for anything that helps with dark spots and hyperpigmentation. To do so the key active ingredient is Vitamin C. I really like the fact that it's not the last ingredient on the list which is often the case with products that claim to be brightening and contain Vitamin C.

The Murad Environmental Shield Jet Set Starter Kit comes with three products. You get a Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Cleanser (45ml), Murad Environmental Shield Advanced Active Radiance Serum (10ml) and Murad Environmental Shield Essential-C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30/PA+++(21ml). You also get a cute polka dot makeup bag where you can put your brushes as well. Let's start with the Essential-C Cleanser. It comes in a squeeze tube which I like. The texture is gel-like with orange micro-beads that help to remove oil and cell build up. It doesn't foam and you don't really feel the micro-beads on the skin. It has a natural slightly orange citrus scent which I enjoy especially in the morning. This cleanser does not irritate or dry my skin out, which is a big plus in my books. I can't stand cleanser that makes my skin feel squeaky clean and tight. Then again that is a personal preference. In addition to Vitamin C it contains Vitamins A and E. This product is one of the standouts for me from this kit. Usually Vitamin C products irritate my skin but not this one. Once I finished it, I missed having it around. The 45ml tube lasted me for about 4-5 weeks. I used it every morning.

Advanced Active Radiance Serum,
Essential-C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30/PA+++,
 Essential-C Cleanser

Moving on to the Advanced Active Radiance Serum. As with the cleanser it comes in a tube. I do wish that it would have come in a bigger size. This serum has a light-feel consistency and absorbs quickly into the skin. It will not sit on your skin. This is great for mornings if you will be applying moisturiser or primer afterwards. It's recommend that you wait for 1 min until applying  the next step in your skincare routine. I did just that every time I used this product. It has a fresh orange citrus scent like the rest. Besides Vitamin C it contains Green Tea Extract and Indian Fig. I really liked the texture of this serum and used it consistently until I ran out. The 10ml tube lasted me for a good three weeks. I used it every morning. It did not break me out or caused any irritations. Even though I enjoyed using this product I did not notice any major difference or improvement in my dark spots or scarring. I think that you need to use this product for a longer period of time to see any changes. 

The last one is the Essential-C Day Moisture Broad Spectrum SPF 30/PA+++. It comes in similar packaging as the other two. In terms of texture it's a white light-weight cream that can leave a subtle white cast on your face if not blended well. As with the other products it has that orange citrus scent but it's rather mild because it's overpowered by a traditional sunscreen scent. It's packed full of Antioxidants which I appreciate. Now, this is the product I was least impressed with. Mainly because to me it's no different to any other moisturiser with an SPF factor I have tried before. I expected it to deliver more considering how pricy the full size product is. Don't get me wrong it's not bad. It's a good moisturiser but that is that. I haven't finished it yet since I am trying other products that do the same job. Also for people with oily skin I would not recommend this particular product since it leaves a slightly dewy finish to your face. 

Overall, I am very content with this purchase. I think it's a fantastic way to try out a brand that you are not familiar with before committing to spending the money on the full price product. The top picks from this kit have to be the Essential-C Cleanser and Advanced Active Radiance Serum. If you have been curious about this range I say try this kit out. Currently Feelunique is running a 20% off promotion on Murad products, so this is the time to grab it if you want to save a few pennies. 

Let me know if you have tried any of the Murad products and which would you recommend!

Until next time,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment