Tuesday, August 4, 2015

BB Cream that Covers and Delivers Skin Care Benefits

Yesterday I posted about essence, an essential skincare item in Asia. Today I am bringing your way a BB cream that's also essential but in an Asian makeup routine.  I have gone through tubes of this BB cream and it always has a place in my makeup bag. I am referring to the Lioele Triple The Solution BB Cream SPF 30 PA++.

Lioele Triple The Solution BB Cream SPF 30 PA++

Lioele is a Korean makeup and skin care brand. It has an extensive range of products. I haven't tried anything but the BB creams. However, I have been considering branching out and seeing if there's something else that intrigues me. This BB cream promises to whiten, prevent wrinkles, nourish and moisturise the skin as well as protect from UVA/UVB rays. Key active ingredients are: ylang ylang flower, liquorice, strawberry, fermented yogurt, arbutin and adenosine. It comes in one shade and a 50ml tube.

Let's start with the consistency. It's quite thick compared to the BB creams available in the European market. In my opinion it has a similar texture to a foundation. It offers a fantastic coverage. To be fair it will not completely cover scarring and pigmentation, those will pick a little bit through but nothing major. If you want you can build up the coverage by applying extra to the areas that require it. It blends easily into the skin with both brushes and fingers. It does come in one shade but don't be alarmed. It actually adopts to your skin tone. However, if you have medium to deep skin I am afraid it will be too light for you. It has a slight scent to it but I don't mind it. It's quite pleasant and refreshing. I can't stress enough how much I appreciate that it has a pump! The packing in general is sleek and pleasing to the eye.


Lioele Triple the Solution BB Cream Packaging
Lioele Triple The Solution BB Cream Shade

This product performs great. I have been using it as a replacement for a foundation. I can't recall the last time I used a foundation. This BB cream is moisturising, offers good coverage, has a proper SPF factor and is packed with ingredients that nourish your skin. I don't necessarily care too much about the whitening properties but it's a good bonus. This product leaves your skin with a dewy finish, as expected. In Korea it's all about radiant and glowing complexion. If you are not a fan of that I suggest setting it with a powder. It lasts well through the day but I need to touch up the T-zone. I have to do it with any makeup base since my skin is combination. My sister who has dry skin and uses this product as well, she really appreciates the dewiness and leaves it as is. The obvious downside is of course the lack of shades, which is a shame for those ladies and gents with deeper skin tones. It's also not readily available in Europe. You can purchase it from Amazon or eBay

Overall I am very content with this product. As said it's a staple in my makeup. Every time I decide to be adventurous and try something else, I always come back to this one. It's also surprisingly affordable. Depends where you buy it but on average it's about 15,00€. If you have been wondering what's all the fuss about BB creams or have tried a few and were left disappointed, I recommend giving this one a shot. It's what I expected the ones offered in Europe to be like. Lioele also carries a version called Lioele Beyond the Solution BB Cream that has no SPF. I tried it and it's equally good. It's great for bridal or if you know you will be photographed. 

Let me know if you have tried Asian BB creams and would you recommend any!

Cheers,
Muffy


No comments:

Post a Comment