Friday, August 14, 2015

Underrated Lip Liners

I don't hear anyone talk about the Kiko Automatic Precision Lip Liners. I have tried many lip pencils and I am always on a hunt to find something better and these are among my top lip liner formulas ever. Besides, the colour range is extremely vivid ranging from nudes to reds to pinks and to deeper tones. So far I have two shades 500 and 502 and believe me when I say, this is just the beginning!


Kiko Automatic Precision Lip Liners

Kiko is an affordable Italian makeup brand. I came across it for the fist time - surprise surprise - in Italy but you can also buy their products online. I have also tried their blushes, lipsticks, eye primer and nail polishes. Out of the entire selection these lip liners are surely the standout products for me. The 500 is a natural rose while the 502 is a deep pink. I use 502 more frequently just because it's closer to my natural lip colour. I get so many compliments when I wear this particular colour!

T-D: 500 Natural Rose and 502 Deep Pink

Let's talk about packaging. As the name implies they come in a retractable format, which I appreciate. On one end you have an actual pencil while on the other a silicone-tip applicator. I don't really use the applicator and honestly fail to understand its function. You can take the applicator out and there's a sharpener, which is quite handy. A similar concept with the NARS Velvet Lip Liners if you are familiar with those. I don't normally use the sharpener these products come with but in case you need to, there is that option. The formula is extremely pigmented and creamy. It doesn't tag or pull on your lips like for example MAC lip pencils tend to do. As such Kiko lip pencils do not emphasise the lines on your lips. The staying power is exceptional. It claims to be long-lasting and water-resistant which I completely agree with. These pencils do not budge. I think in my collection this is the longest-wearing lip liner formula hands down.

L-R: 500 Natural Rose and 502 Deep Pink

In my opinion when it comes to texture they are most comparable to the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners, which I also adore. I have reviewed one, in Eastend Snob which happens to be my all-time favourite shade. If you want retractable lip liners that are cruelty-free and in the similar price range these are it. I can't really fault these products, maybe only for the fact that you can't go to the store and buy them as easily as Rimmel, Maybelline or L'Oreal

If you love lip pencils and haven't tried Kiko's Automatic Precision Lip Liners you have been missing out! Even if you are not into lip liners but want to give it a go, check these ones out. They are affordable, cruelty-free, long-wearing and have fantastic pigmentation as well as colour selection. You just can't go wrong! I will be surely picking up 501 Salmon Pink next time I am near a Kiko counter.

Let me know what's your go-to nude lip liner!

Cheers,
Muffy


No comments:

Post a Comment