Monday, August 17, 2015

Milani Amore Matte Lip Crèmes

Today I am bringing your way a truly exciting post. If you follow beauty blogs, instagram and other social media you know all the hype about liquid lipsticks. Pretty much every brand is coming up with their version. I am all about matte lips regardless of the trend or season, therefore I am the first to jump on the matte liquid lipsticks bandwagon. The ones I have tried come at a relatively high price point since they are not from a mass market. Imagine me going all bananas when I heard that finally a mass market brand was coming out with matte liquid lipsticks, I just could not resist. I am referring to the Milani's Limited Edition Amore Matte Lip Crèmes. If you want to know if you need to run out and get them, then stay tuned!

Milani Amore Matte Lip Crèmes

Milani is an affordable USA brand. I haven't tried a lot of their products, just the Shadow Eyez, because it's not readily available where I live. I was very happy to discover that Milani has an actual European website, so there is no need to order directly from USA. Amore Matte Lip Crèmes come in 8 shades and they are limited edition. This means if you want to get your hands on these you need to be quick. They are cruelty-free and infused with Vitamins A & C for added hydration. I picked up two colours: Lust, a muted-pink and Crush, a brownish-red shade. I figured for me to make a proper review on these I need to try both lighter and darker shades. I honestly think these are the two stand out shades from the entire collection. 

L-R: Milani Amore Matte Lip Crèmes in Crush and Lust
Milani Amore Matte Lip Crèmes in Lust and Crush

Now let's start with the packaging. I personally like it. It's sleek, non-bulky and doesn't feel cheap. You get 6g of product which is a standard amount. For comparison Sephora Cream Lip Stains contain around 5g of product, while Sleek Matte Me Lip Creams have 6g of product. Milani Amore Matte Lip Crèmes come with a flat doe foot applicator which I find easy to work with. You need just a tiny bit of product, therefore prior to application I suggest you wipe off the excess from both sides. The consistency is quite liquidy compared to some other formulas that are creamier or mousse-like. In my opinion it's most similar to La Splash Lip Couture's and Aromi Liquid Lipsticks textures. They have a sweet vanilla butter cup scent to them which I don't mind. I much prefer it to the La Splash chemical scent, which puts me off every time I use their products. 

When it comes to longevity they work really well. I have been wearing Lust for the whole day including drinking and eating. It did fade a little bit in the centre of the lips but nothing major. Since it's such a "my lips but better" colour you don't really notice the stark line as much. With Crush it's way more noticeable. In my opinion these are not as drying as for example the La Splash Lip Coutures and feel comfortable on the lips. Both colours applied beautifully with one coat and no streakiness was detected. I would say that you need to exfoliate your lips especially if you are planning on wearing darker colours. This is applicable to all liquid lipsticks brands. You will see why in the lip swatch below. 

Milani Amore Matte Lip Crème in Crush
Milani Amore Matte Lip Crème in Lust

Overall I am very content with these lippies. Would I recommend them? Hell, yes! I have been wearing Lust non-stop for the past few days and I just can't get enough. The formula is comfortable, cruelty-free, stays all day and is affordable. I wanted to get this post out as soon as possible so you could have a chance to try these out before they are gone. If you have been wanting to try liquid lipsticks but could not justify spending twenty euros and maybe not liking it at the end, give these ones a go. They retail for only 7,16€ and have a pretty good colour selection. If I had to recommend one, Lust would be it, as I think it's a universally flattering shade. If you want something more unique and bold, Crush fits right that bill. I would not suggest Flirt just because I read some negative reviews of it being streaky and hard to work with. I like these so much that I am contemplating of buying a backup of Lust and that's unlike me as I think there will always be something better.

Let me know if you have been converted to the liquid lipsticks and what are you favourites! 

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment