Thursday, August 6, 2015

My Top 5 Makeup Brushes

If you have been following my blog for sometime now, you know that I love me some brushes. I am a strong believer that good brushes can make a difference in your makeup application. Today I decided to share with you my Top 5, well in reality I could not narrow it down, so my Top 6 brushes that I use on regular basis. Let's get right into it!

T-B: Real Techniques Multi Task , Zoeva 102 Silk Finish,
Real Techniques Contour, Sigma Tapered Blending E40,
Zoeva 227 Soft Definer Vegan and Real Techniques Shading

First up is the Real Techniques Multi Task Brush. As the name suggests it's meant to be used for multiple purposes. It comes with an ultra-soft synthetic taklon bristles and is cruelty-free. I use this brush for applying powder, blush or bronzer. I think it's especially good for bronzing up the face. It's versatile no doubt, as it essentially replaces three brushes and as such it comes with me every time I travel. The only downside you can't buy it individually. It's sold as part of the Travel Essentials Kit only.


Real Techniques Multi Task Brush
Real Techniques Multi Task Brush

Staying in the theme of face brushes next up is Zoeva 102 Silk Finish. It comes with vegan taklon bristles and is cruelty-free. It's not as fluffy as the Multi Task brush. It is more dense, which is ideal for buffing in foundation, BB cream or any makeup base of your choice. This is my go-to brush. It doesn't shed, it's easy to wash and it hasn't lost its original shape. You can purchase it in a set or individually from Zoeva website. 

Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush
Zoeva 102 Silk Finish Brush

Another handy brush for the face is the Real Techniques Contour Brush. It has soft synthetic taklon bristles and is cruelty-free. This brush is also a multi-tasker. I usually use it for setting the under eye area or applying highlighter on the cheekbones. As the name implies it's aimed at contouring and you can do that, it works well. However, I have a pretty wide face therefore I prefer something a little bit less precise. As with the Multi Task brush this one comes in the Core Collection Kit. Unfortunately you can't purchase it separately. 

Real Techniques Contour Brush
Real Techniques Contour Brush

Now we are getting to my favourite part - eye brushes. I think this is where you can see the biggest difference in terms of your makeup application. Let's start with my "holy grail" eye brush, the Sigma Tapered Blending E40. I will not go into much detail why you need this brush in your life, as I have a separate post dedicated to it. In a nutshell it's an extremely fluffy rounded tip brush that is great for swiping transition colour into the crease and for blending out any harsh edges. It is made out of synthetic bristles and is cruelty-free. I highly recommend trying this brush out. You can purchase it individually from Feelunique.

Sigma Tapered Blending E40
Sigma Tapered Blending E40

Zoeva 227 Soft Definer Vegan is a sure stand out as well and one I have reviewed earlier. You can check it out here. It is very similar to Mac 217, but better. It's softer, has synthetic bristles and doesn't shed. Added bonus it's suitable for vegans and is cruelty-free. If you have been looking for a good all-rounder, this is it. You can use it for blending and for applying eyeshadow especially for those no-fuss-one-colour-type of looks. You can purchase this brush from Zoeva website and it's surprisingly affordable. If you could pick only one eye brush, I suggest getting this one. 

Zoeva 227 Soft Definer Vegan
Zoeva 227 Soft Definer Vegan

And an honourable mention goes to Real Techniques Shading Brush. This brush has synthetic taklon bristles and is cruelty-free. It's ideal for smudging under the lower-lash line. It's not too big and is relatively flat, so it gets right under the lower lashes. If you are like me and you like to wear eyeshadow on your lower lash line, you need this brush. It's extremely soft and doesn't scratch or pull on the delicate area under the eye. A definite winner in my books. If you are not into that sort of look, you can use it for highlighting the browbone. You can buy it individually from Feelunique

Real Techniques Shading Brush
Real Techniques Shading Brush

These brushes is all I need to create a full face of makeup. Of course since I am a beauty junkie, I do have way too many brushes. But if I had to let go of most of my collection, these are the ones I would keep. They are tried and true and get the job done. I don't think you have to buy particularly expensive brushes for them to perform well. Nowadays a lot of cheaper brands make equally good if not better brushes. I hope this was helpful and you have learned a thing or two about makeup brushes!

Let me know what are you all-time favourite brushes!

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment