Sunday, August 16, 2015

Maybelline The Nudes Palette - Take It or Leave It?

I haven't tried anything from Maybelline in a while, but I got pretty intrigued when I saw they were coming out with The Nudes Palette. Who doesn't like a good neutral palette, right? I have been playing around with it and have formulated quite a solid opinion. If you want to find out what I think about this palette just keep on reading!


Maybelline The Nudes Palette comes with 12 shades. The packaging is nothing special. To me it does feel a little bit cheap and flimsy, but I am willing to overlook it as long as the product is good. You also get a dual-ended eyeshadow application sponge, which I honestly never use. I think the concept behind this palette is pretty neat as you get both shimmery and matte shades which is perfect for creating any look, be it an everyday simple no-makeup makeup or a smokey eye. At the back of the palette you get instruction as to how you can pair various shades together. For beginners or people who struggle with eye makeup this is pretty handy. It says you can get 13 different looks using this palette. 

Maybelline The Nudes Palette
Maybelline The Nudes Palette

When it comes to the actual product inside I am not a fan and I'll tell you why. First of all the texture of these eyeshadows is chalky, especially with the matte shades. I think the shimmery ones are creamier but still nothing to be impressed with. In terms of pigmentation it's also hit or miss. The matte shades are not too pigmented while some of the shimmery shades do surprise. For example my favourite of the bunch is the 4th shade on the top row - a bronzy-gold, while my least favourite is the sparkly white shade which is the first one at the top row. These blend out poorly. Due to their chalky consistency you don't get an even colour distribution but a rather patchy one. The lighter matte shades you need to seriously build up in order to get any colour payoff in your crease. I do like the actual colours they chose to include in this palette, but I wish they would perform much better.
  
Maybelline The Nudes Palette - Top Row
Maybelline The Nudes Palette - Botton Row

Overall I say skip this one. Even though it's visually appealing and you feel like you get more bang for your buck, don't give in. If you want an affordable and good quality neutral palette I highly recommend Wet n Wild's Comfort Zone Palette. I have a separate review on it here. Plus if you are concerned with animal welfare Maybelline is not cruelty-free, while Wet n Wild is. Another alternative would be Urban Decay's Naked Basics palette which is a bit more pricey but frequently on offer at Feeluinque. I hope this post was helpful in case you could not make up your mind whether to take it or leave it!

Let me know what's your go-to neutral palette!

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment