Thursday, September 3, 2015

Armani Eye Tints Worth The Splurge?

I am no stranger to Armani makeup. I have tried their foundations, blushes, lipsticks and mascaras (my all time favourite mascara is the Armani Eyes To Kill one). As such I was pretty intrigued when they launched their Eye Tints which were a little bit more exciting then your average powder eyeshadows. I picked two shades and have put them to good use so I can tell you my honest opinion and provide hopefully an insightful review. Shall we get right into it?

L-R: Armani Eye Tints 9 and 6

A little bit of background: Armani falls under the L'OrĂ©al umbrella and is one of their most luxurious makeup brands. In Finland if I am not mistaken you can find an Armani counter only at the Helsinki city centre Stockmann Department Store. Since it's a higher end brand it comes with a hefty price tag. I decided to get two shades just to see if the formula is consistent throughout or not. I have the following shades: 9 Cold Copper - a brownish-taupe and 6 Green Iron - a bronzy-green. Altogether they have 12 shades in a range plus 3 new shades. I think the colour selection is great, you have  neutrals, deeper tones and pops of colour. 

T-B: Armani Eye Tint in 9 Cold Copper and 6 Green Iron
L-R: Armani Eye Tint in 9 Cold Copper and 6 Green Iron

Armani Eye Tints come in sleek packaging. You wouldn't expect anything less from Armani. It's very classy and neat. I personally like the tube-like packaging, it reminds me of a mascara weirdly enough. Unlike with mascaras that come with a brush wand you have a doe foot applicator. I think the idea is brilliant, since a lot of cream eyeshadows come in pots and you have to dip your finger to scoop out the product. The texture of these eyeshadows is somewhere in between a liquid and a cream, so it's very easy to apply and blend out. You actually get a decent amount of time to work with these before they set. They provide a smooth metallic finish to your lids. They are not shimmery or glittery by any means (at least the two shades I have). In a tube you get 6,5ml of product and that will last you a very long time, as you need just a tiny little bit. You can use these shadows as a light wash of colour for a day look or you can intensify it by layering the colour for a little bit more drama. Either way these work beautifully. 

Armani Eye Tints Applicator
L-R: 9 Cold Copper and 6 Green Iron

On the Armani website they claim for these to have 16 hours of fault-proof, smudge-free and crease-free wear. I would have to disagree with this statement. On their own without a primer I have to say they last about 5 hours before I can start seeing some creasing. With an eyeshadow primer you can get an 8-9 hour wear out of these with no smudging, creasing or fading. I have to say this is not the most long-wearing formula of cream eyeshadows I have tried and for the price you pay I would have liked the longevity to be slightly better. That being said they are extremely easy to work with and I believe would be a lifesaver for women on the go with busy schedules.

Overall I really do like Armani Eye Tints. I can't fault the texture, the quality is great, you get a variety of colours to choose from and they are especially good for those days when you don't have time to fuss with eyeshadows. However, in terms of longevity and being cruelty-free they are not the best on the market. If that is your priority I would highly recommend trying out By Terry Ombre Black Stars. They are fantastic and around the same price point.

Let me know if you have any budget-friendly alternatives for cream eyeshadows, I would love to try some!

Cheers,
Muffy

2 comments:

  1. love those, but have not tried any similar products yet :) I'd wish more color selection on such products, most brands have pretty much the same colors...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are quite unique so not many brands have come out with anything similar. YSL do have something similar but again those are pretty pricy. I know that Kiko has eyeshadow sticks but I haven't tried those.

      Delete