Saturday, August 8, 2015

Lifesaver for Dry and Flaky Eyelids

Today let's talk a little bit about eyelids and eyeballs. Recently with my skin getting more sensitive and dry I stumbled across a problem of extremely dry eyelids. I am talking about eyelids that flake and any eyeshadow you put would emphasise it like no other. Besides the not so pretty look the itching also gets to you. Therefore I was determined to find a solution. I have tried multiple eye creams from different price points and nothing seemed to work, until I went with my friend to get her makeup done at the YSL counter. There her makeup artist nicely suggested I try an eye cream that contains Omega 3. She recommended Biotherm Aquasource Biosensitive Fragile Eye Contour. This eye cream doesn't leave my sight and to find out why keep on reading!


I haven't tried a lot of products from Biotherm, a few moisturisers and a serum. They were ok but I haven't been really wowed. Biotherm Aquasource Biosensitive Fragile Eye Contour has been specifically developed to target redness, tightness and itching while soothing and reducing puffiness. Its key ingredients are Omega 3 & 6 and pure thermal plankton. It's alcohol free, colorant free and fragrance free. It comes in a sleek packaging with a pump. I really appreciate the fact that I don't have to dip my finger into a pot which is the case with most eye creams. You get 15ml of product. You can control how much product you pump out from the tube. I usually use a pea size amount for both eyes. The consistency is not too thick which I like. It absorbs quickly into the skin so you can proceed with applying your concealer and eyeshadow without having to wait around for long.

Biotherm Aquasource Biosensitive Fragile Eye Contour

It comes in a plastic container which is good for traveling as it's less likely to break and leak. But the best part is that it actually works! This is the only eye cream that has been able to combat my dry as a desert eyelids. After using Biotherm Aquasource Biosensitive Fragile Eye Contour for a few days I could already tell the difference. My eyelids were less itchy and within around a week the flakiness was gone. It's a true miracle worker for me. As said I mainly use it for my eyelids and the area slightly above it but you can of course apply it under the eyes as well. Weirdly enough I don't have as dry and sensitive skin under my eyes so I opt for something that happens to be in my stash. Currently I am using Kiehl's Rosa Arctica Eye Cream. The only downside of the Biotherm Aquasource Biosensitive Fragile Eye Contour is that it doesn't have any anti-aging or wrinkle reducing properties as such.

If you struggle with dry eyelids and your eyeshadow always clings to dry patches, give this one a go. It will change your life, no joke. You can purchase it at your closest Biotherm counter or online. In my opinion it's not ridiculously expensive for an eye cream and I would gladly pay more if I had to. 

Let me know if you have any other remedies for dry eyelids. I would love to know!

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment