Sunday, July 19, 2015

Visit My Stash - Dusty Rose / Mauve Lippies

I am sure if you have been following the blogging world for some time you have heard about the dusty rose / mauve lipstick trend. Everyone is talking about it and you see tons of pictures on instagram and pinterest inspired by the hype. I have always gravitated towards darker nude colours (regardless of the conventions) and have accumulated quite a bit over the years. I thought why not give you a sneak peek into my dusty rose / mauve lipstick collection in case you were thinking of joining the ranks.


Let's start with traditional lipsticks in a bullet and move to the liquid lipsticks. Up fist is Mac Creme in Your Coffee lipstick, I have a separate review on Mac lipsticks here. It is a creamy formula, glides on nicely, but I would suggest using a lipliner for a more precise application. The colour is what I would call a classic mauve: it has hints of rose and brown. Kiko Smart Lipstick in 918 Classic Rose is very similar but has more pink undertones which are barely noticeable. It is a relatively sheer formula, so you would need to put a few layers to achieve the colour that you see in the bullet. The formula is creamy, non-drying and it has the same distinct scent of vanilla as the Mac lipsticks. The staying power is not too impressive but as it is a sheer formula it is easy to reapply on the go. Last but not least is the YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick in 9 Caress Pink. This one is a beauty! I have nothing like it in my collection. In my eyes it still falls under the dusty rose, mauve colour scheme but it has more rosy, pinky or even berry undertones. It has no brown it in whatsoever. It is a unique colour for sure. The formula is extremely creamy, thus you need to use a lipliner with it.

L-R: Mac Creme in Your Coffee, Kiko Classic Rose, YSl Rouge Volupte Caress Pink
L-R: YSL Kiss & Blush Nude Insolent, Sephora Marvelous Mauve, Stila Patina, 
Lush Perspective

When it comes to the liquid lipsticks, let me present you the Oh-So-Famous Stila Stay All Day liquid Lipstick in Patina. It has been pretty impossible to get your hands on it since people went ballistic over it, myself included. It is a lovely dark mauve colour that leans more towards rose rather than brown. Sephora Cream Lip Stain in 13 Marvelous Mauve is almost an identical dupe. The only difference I could see, if I want to be super picky, is that Stila Patina is more muted and darker on the lips. Both last incredibly long but they can be drying as expected with any matte liquid lipsticks. If you are looking for an alternative that is vegan but is still in the same colour family I would suggest checking out Lush Liquid Lipstick in Perspective. It is not as opaque or long lasting as Sephora or Stila, but a good everyday choice. The last one is YSL Baby Doll Kiss & Blush in 10 Nude Insolent. This is a multitasker that can be used as a blush and as a lip stain. The colour has way more reddish brown in it compared to the rest. I haven't used it as a blush but as a lip stain it works pretty good. I think this colour would be especially flattering in the fall.

L-R: YSL Rouge Volupte Caress Pink, Kiko Classic Rose, Lush Perspective
Mac Creme in Your Coffee, Sephora Marvelous Mauve, Stila Patina,
YSL Kiss & Blush Nude Insolent

I know this can appear excessive but these are the colours that I wear the most. I like to have a few options here and there in terms of finishes and shades. If you are interested in giving the dusty rose/mauve trend a go, I would recommend Kiko Classic Rose as a starting point. It is cruelty free, reasonably priced and you can build up the colour to your liking. For you vegans out there, Lush Perspective is a winner. 

I hope you had fun exploring what is in my stash. Let me know if you would like me to make similar posts in the future. I am thinking purple lippies could be next, maybe? Let me know!

Cheers,
Muffy


No comments:

Post a Comment