Monday, July 27, 2015

Lancome Le Crayon Sourcils vs Elf Instant Lift Brow

Let's talk brows today. Lately thanks to social media, marketing and beauty trends the importance of brows has been brought back to our attention. Filling in my brows is an essential step in my daily routine regardless if I am embracing my natural self or going for a full-on glam look. I have been putting a few new brow products to the test, so if you want to find out more, then keep on reading!


Up first is Lancome's brow pencil Le Crayon Sourcils in 020 Chatain. It's a dual-ended pencil where on one end you have a spoolie and on the other end you have a pencil. It does not come in a twist up format, therefore you will need to sharpen the pencil as needed. I like the texture of this pencil. It's not too creamy as to where you don't have control and it smudges all over. Nor it's too hard as to where you will be pulling and tagging on your brows to get some colour payoff. I give a big plus for the formula. Shade 020 Chatain is a perfect match for me. It's a cool toned brown. Altogether the offering consists of four shades: 010 Blonde, 020 Chatain, 030 Brun and 040 Noir. The spoolie is alright, I can work with it but it's not the best one out there. It's relatively long-wearing especially if I set it with a brow gel. I don't need to worry about my brows fading throughout the day. You get 1,19g of product and you can purchase it at your closest Lancome counter or Feelunque

Elf Instant Lift Brow Applicator and Lancome Le Crayon Sourcils Applicator
L-R:Instant Lift Brow in Toupe and Le Crayon Sourcils in Chatain

Next up is a more budget friendly alternative, Elf Essential Instant Lift Brow Pencil. I got mine in a Taupe shade. The shade selection is not too extensive. It includes: Taupe, Natural Brown and Deep Brown. It's also a dual-ended product where on one end you get a spoolie but unlike with Le Crayon Sourcils, it has a twist up pencil. The texture is slightly creamier compared to Lancome's pencil but I don't mind it. It gets the job done. The colour is very similar to Chatain, maybe a little bit ashier, but nothing major. I am not too fond of the packaging. It does not feel sturdy but rather flimsy and light weight. Also it's white, which means after a few uses it can get pretty dirty looking. What's more, the text has completely rubbed off it and I have been using this product for a couple of weeks only. It's not really a deal breaker for me since the product is good, but something worth mentioning. I am also not a fan of the spoolie. It's very harsh on the skin and a bit too oversized for my liking. The lasting power is not up to par with Lacome's pencil but you can always touch up, especially for the price point. On a positive note, Elf is cruelty free and is extremely affordable. You get 0,18g of product and it retails for only 2,99$ at BeautyJoint.

My final thoughts are that if you want to try a dual-ended brow pencil that is cruelty free and won't cost a fortune I say Elf is a good place to start. Surely it's not as good as the Anastasia Brow Wiz(a separate review here) or the Lancome Le Crayon Sourcils, but if you are on a budget it will get the job done. If you are looking for a more higher-end brow pencil I would still recommend Anastasia Brow Wiz over Lancome's brow pencil just because it's cruelty free, exceptionally long-lasting, has a wider colour range and is ultimately cheaper. 

Let me know know what's your favourite eye brow product, I'd love to hear!

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment