Friday, July 31, 2015

Glam Glow Thirstymud Mask - Worth the Hype?

Glam Glow masks have been around for some time and only until recently I decided to give into the hype and try them out. Let me put it out there, YES it is an expensive mask especially considering the amount of product you get. However, I wanted to see for myself if the hype was real. The one I chose is the Glam Glow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment. To find out whether to save your pennies or splurge keep on reading!

Glam Glow Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment

Glam Glow Thirstymud, as the name suggests is a hydrating mask. It claims to provide extreme moisture and is labelled as a  "Thirst-Quenching Hit in a Jar" that defeats dry, dehydrated skin. Among the active ingredients it has: hyaluronic acid and citric acid, coconut, ginger root, apples, raw honey and teaoxi olive leaf. It is free from parabens,sulfates and phthalates. All Glam Glow products except the Thirstymud mask are vegan-friendly, and all of them are cruelty freeYou can use this mask in multiple ways which really pleases me. During the day you can apply it as a standard mask, leave it for 10-15 min and rinse with water. For a more intense hydration you can use it as an overnight sleeping mask. Just put a thick layer on your skin 10-15 min before going to bed to let it absorb. This mask can be your best friend when flying. Usually the air is very dry in a plane. Therefore to hydrate your skin and prevent it from going bunkers you can apply this mask at the beginning of the flight and leave it on for the duration of the flight.

Glam Glow Thirsdymud Hydrating Treatment Consistency

In terms of consistency it is very similar to a thick moisturiser. It has a beige tint to it and the scent is just divine. It smells like summer, vacation, coconuts and vanilla. It applies easily to the skin and absorbs within 15 min. You feel right away how your skin sucks in all the moisture. If you have dehydrated skin you know what I mean, it's the best feeling ever! This is the mask I pull out when I have dry patches and my skin is extremely dehydrated. It works wonders. It is important to note that you need a tiny little bit of this product to get the desired results. Unlike with the other Glam Glow masks, this one has lasted me for a good 6 months and is still going strong. I use it consistently once or twice a week. 

Did it live up to my expectations? Yes. I think it delivers exactly what it promises. I can see results when I use this mask. It has great ingredients and it has lasted me a long time. Is it worth the hefty price tag? Well, here is where it gets complicated. I have been gifted this mask and I enjoy using it. However, would I go and buy it myself, I am not sure. The thing is that there are masks out there that perform along the same lines for a fraction of the price.  I would say Origins Drink-Up Intensive Overnight Mask and Kiehl's Ultra Facial Overnight Hydrating Mask are good alternatives. I have been eyeing the Body Shop's Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask and likely be picking it up once I run out of this one. 

Bottom line is, I am happy to have this mask. It has been working great for me and I know it can get my dehydrated and dull skin sorted. However, if you are new to the whole overnight hydrating masks trend, I say try Origin's or Kiehl's and see how you get along. If you want to treat yourself and get pampered, this is a good one to go for! You can purchase it from Lookfantastic and it's on offer now.

Let me know if you have tried Body Shop's Drops of Youth Bouncy Sleeping Mask, I would love to know your thoughts!

Cheers,
Muffy


No comments:

Post a Comment