Sunday, July 26, 2015

Orange - Red Lips Yes Please!

I don't know about you but I have been loving orange-red lips. It is a good colour to rock if you want a statement lip with a retro vibe to it. Since I have warm undertones, I feel like red colours with a little bit of orange suit me best. Today I am sharing with you a set of three lipsticks that fall into that category and tell you my thoughts. 


Let's start with the least affordable from the bunch but the one that surely kicks a punch - Lancome L'Absolu Velours d´Orange #172. It is a creamy matte lip colour that applies fully opaque. It feels very comfortable on the lips and doesn't dry completely to a matte finish. Hence, it doesn't dry out your lips by no means. However if you prefer a matte look you can always dust a little bit of powder over it and it takes the sheen away. The lasting power is pretty good considering that it is a relatively creamy formula. It does stain your lips a little bit. I also like the applicator, it is shaped perfectly to fit the contours of your lips. The colour itself is a vidid orange-red and I like it a lot. Lancome falls under the L'Oreal umbrella which means that it's not necessarily cruelty free. You can purchase it at your closest Lancome counter or Feelunique.

The lipstick that has solidified my obsession with this colour is Rimmel's 660 In Love With Ginger. It is from their re-formulated Moisture Renew line. This colour is just perfection. It is one of my most worn bold lipsticks. It is a perfect mix of orange and red. It is not as bold as the Lancome's L'Absolu Velours but applies opaque in one coat. I can't fault the texture. It is creamy and feels good on the lips. It lasts a good few hours if you are not drinking or eating. If you are sensitive to scents it could be an issue with this one. All Rimmel lipsticks have a relatively strong artificial floral scent. Some people like it, some people hate it. I am not a fan but I can look past it since the colour is so gorgeous. Rimmel is an affordable brand but it's not cruelty free. Rimmel is readily available but I purchased mine from Feelunique. 

L-R: Kiko Cream Lipstick 508 Orange,  Rimmel In Love with Ginger,
Lancome L'Absolu Velours 172
L-R: Kiko Cream Lipstick 508 Orange, Rimmel In Love with Ginger,  
Lancome L'Absolu Velours 172

Last but not certainly least, is the Kiko's Luscious Cream Lipstick in 508 Orange. As the name suggests it has a creamy consistency which simply glides on the lips. It is more of a sheer formula compared to Rimmel but you can build it up. The colour is not as bright as the other two and it has more orange hues. In my opinion it is a wearable orange. You can decide how opaque you want the colour to be. It is the least long-wearing but the easiest to touch up. In terms of price it is extremely affordable. Kiko does not test on animals and this lipstick is hypoallergenic. I get Kiko products from their online shop.

To wrap up, it's a pretty good set of options. If you want to treat yourself and get a more higher end lipstick try Lancome's creamy matte lip colours. If you are looking for an all rounder Rimmel's In Love with Ginger fits right that bill. However, if you are not too familiar with orange-red lippies and looking for a cruelty free alternative, Kiko has a pretty good offering. 

Do you have any recommendations for lipsticks I should try that fall under the same colour scheme?

Until next time,
Muffy

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours! Next time show us how they look on your lips! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! I am working on it and hopefully will have more lip swatches in the future.

      Delete