Thursday, July 2, 2015

My Jo Malone Perfume Collection

I am so thrilled to bring this post to you, as now you can purchase Jo Malone products at the Finnish Helsinki - Vantaa airport. Which is fantastic if you ask me! You can get your hands on these without having to go through the trouble of asking someone to bring it from UK, Spain or Russia (which happened in my case). 

Jo Malone is a British lifestyle brand, which has a very unique fragrance selection as well as luxury products for bath, body and home. I have not tried anything from the bath, body and home range but I have tried a few of their fragrances. Jo Malone claims they do not test on animals, but they are part of the Estee Lauder group. A hint of warning: if you buy a fragrance you will never go back to anything else, and you would want to try them all eventually! 

L-R: Pomegranate Noir, Wild Fig & Cassis, Blue Agava & Cocao, Wood Sage & Sea Salt

What is special about this particular brand is that it enables you to create your own unique scent by mixing different fragrances. In my collection I have four Jo Malone perfumes and I love them all. To me they are very different and depending on the occasion I choose my pick for the day. I am a proud owner of : Pomegranate Noir, Wild Fig & Cassis, Wood Sage & Sea Salt and Blue Agava & Cocao. I like to mix Blue Agava & Cocao together with Wild Fid and Cassis, it makes for such a wonderful combination, loves it!

If I were to describe these in a couple of words, I'd say:

Pomegranate Noir - sophisticated and spicy 
Wild Fig & Cassis - woody  
Wood Sage & Sea Salt - fresh and none invasive
Blue Agava & Cocao - warm and sweet

These beauties come in 30ml and 100ml sized bottles. I prefer 30ml, since it is super convenient for travelling and carrying in your bag if you want to reapply during the day. I really like the simplistic packaging, it looks really nice on a makeup desk and does not clash with anything. I would imagine a 30ml perfume to retail for about 50,00€, but don't take my word for it. I have not had the chance to visit the tax free shop at the Helsinki - Vantaa airport yet. This is more or less the price I paid.

It is very difficult to pick a favourite or recommend just one. I suggest when you are next time heading on a holiday or business trip go and give Jo Malone fragrances a sniff.

If you are already familiar with Jo Malone perfumes, which one should I add to my collection next?

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment