Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate Is It That Good?

I am sure you have heard about the Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate in one way or another. I have been using Midnight Recovery Concentrate consistently for about two years now, and I can say with confidence - it's that good! But let's start from the beginning.


Kiehl's Midnight Recovery Concentrate 

Kiehl's Mignight Recovery Concentrate, as the name implies, is a serum/facial oil you apply in the evening before going to bed. It can be used on its own or under a moisturiser. I typically use it on its own since I feel it doubles nicely as a moisturiser. The key ingredients are: evening primrose oil, lavender essential oil, jojoba seed oil and squalane (botanical lipid that helps restore skin's natural moisture balance). It's paraben, fragrance and mineral oil free. It claims to regenerate, replenish and repair for a smoother, healthier looking skin. It comes in a 30ml and 50ml glass bottle, which in my opinion is a good amount of product. I have mine in 30ml and it lasts me for a year. It has a dropper applicator and I apply around 3 drops of the product on my face. It doesn't absorb immediately but within about 10-15 min. It doesn't feel greasy or slippery on the face, which is a big plus. It has a slight scent of lavender but I don't find it too overpowering.

With this product I actually see the difference in my skin. Every time I use it, in the morning my skin looks glowy, plumped and redness is diminished. I have combination skin and it works wonders. It soothes aggravated breakouts and helps heal them. It's also effective for getting rid of dry patches. I would imagine this product to be suitable for all skin types. For instance my sister has dry skin and she has been enjoying it as well. It hasn't caused any sort of allergic reaction or irritation on my skin and I have a pretty sensitive one. As with all Kiehl's products they are generous at giving samples, so if unsure I highly recommend trying it out before committing to the full size product. 

Tip: Even though this product is targeted for the face it can be used for multiple purposes. If you have dry hands, cuticles or dry areas on your body you can add a few drops to your hand cream or lotion. This would intensify the nourishment. It can also be used as a bath oil, if you want to treat yourself to a calming, relaxing bath. Lavender is very good for relieving stress.

I am not one to rave about the skincare product unless I have given it a proper long-term test. Therefore, I am comfortable in saying that if you are looking for a new face oil, give this one a go. It's paraben and mineral oil free and is 99.8% naturally-derived. It does what it says on the tin. I am not sure how effective it's in terms of anti-aging, since I am still in my 20s but we shall see in ten years. A 30ml bottle retails for 42,00€ and you can purchase it at your nearest Kiehl's counter.

What is your tried and true serum/face oil/treatment? I'd love know!

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment