Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Eyeko Brow Gel vs L'Oréal Brow Artist Plumper

Brow gels are relatively new ground for me. As I started to learn more about the topic I was overwhelmed by the amount of brow gels that are out there in the market nowadays. Benefit, Anastasia Beverly Hills, MAC and Elf all make one. Pretty much if there is a brand out there I bet they have a brow gel in their assortment. Today we will be looking at L'Oréal's Brow Artist Plumper and Eyeko Brow Gel.

T-B: L'Oreal Brow Artist Plumper and Eyeko Brow Gel
Up first is the L'Oréal Brow Artist Plumper. I would say L'Oréal has been among the first to introduce brow gel products into the mass market, at least here in Finland. Previously, it was more of a higher end brands -kind of thing. Brow Artist Plumper comes in a mascara-like packaging and contains 7ml of product. In Finland it is available in two colours: Medium Brown/Dark and Transparent. I have picked mine in Medium Brown/Dark shade. It retails for 7,90€ - 8,90€ depending where you buy it. I really appreciate that the colour  leans more towards cool rather than warm tone. The consistency isn't too dry or runny. When applied it does not make my brows feel crispy or tacky. It does not fade throughout the day and keeps your brows in place. Medium Brown/Dark colour is a perfect match for me, but I would imagine for girls with blonde hair it might be a bit too dark. I would not use this product on its own if you have sparse eyebrows. Even though it claims to contain fibres I haven't really noticed my eyebrows looking any fuller. Having said that, it doesn't bother me, because it is not essential for my purposes. I mainly use a brow gel to set and define my eyebrows after I have already filled them in. The only problem I have with this product is that it is not cruelty free (L'Oréal continues to retail its products in China, which practices animal testing).

Now, let's talk about Eyeko Brow Gel. Eyeko is a brand that has been developed by beauty veterans and has been favoured by a number of celebrities. The style icon Alexa Chung is Eyeko's creative consultant and is pretty much the reason why I got attracted to the brand in the first place. This brow gel contains 8ml of product and comes in one universal colour to suit all shades from blonde to brunette.  

T-B: Eyeko Brow Gel applicator and L'Oréal Brow Artist Plumper applicator
L-R: Brow Artist Plumper in Medium Brown/Dark and Eyeko Brow Gel

What stood out to me is that Eyeko products are cruelty free and paraben free. Eyeko brow gel is infused with Keratin and Gingko Bilabo to condition and thicken eyebrows. I can't really comment on that, since I have not noticed a major difference. I really like the packaging, it comes in a squeeze tube. This means that you can get every last bit of product out. The consistency is quite runny, but it dries quite quickly to a natural finish. It is long lasting and does not flake through the course of the day. It retails for 19,00€ and you can pick it up from BeutyBay. BeutyBay ships internationally and occasionally has 3 for 2 offers on Eyeko products, so I would keep an eye out for that.

Tip: Before applying any brow gel, remove the excess brow product from the brush and apply in short upward strokes. This will prevent you from applying too much product and your brows looking like one messy blob.

If I compare the two, they both get the job done and are equally good. If you had to pick one I would say the biggest take it or leave it factors would be: price, cruelty free and paraben free aspect and shade range. For blondes out there, Eyeko is a safer choice. If you are on a budget, L'Oréal brow artist plumper is a good one to try. If you are looking for a product that has higher ethical values, then I warmly suggest Eyeko brow gel.

Let me know what other brow gels I should try next?

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment