Saturday, July 11, 2015

Facial Spray with a Handful of Ingredients

The hype is real around facial sprays. I see more and more brands coming out with their versions of the product. Facial sprays are commonly used to add glow and hydration to your skin or help to remove the overly powdery look from the face. I have tried quite a few (e.g Lush Eau Roma Water, Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Vera Herbs and Rosewater, Vichy Thermal Water Spray). However, my search did not end there, until I stumbled upon the La Roche-Posay Serozinc Toner.

La Roche-Posay Serozinc Toner 150ml
La Roche-Posay is a hypoallergenic brand that falls under the L'Oréal umbrella. I have used several products from this line and some of them have earned a holy grail status, including the Serozinc Toner. It is a soothing, cooling yet mattifying facial mist that is not stripping for the skin. It is targeted for oily, blemish-prone skin. I have combination, sensitive and blemish-prone skin and it works great for me. It comes in a 150ml bottle, which is a good amount. It contains three ingredients: Aqua/Water, Sodium Chloride and Zinc. Zinc is good for fighting redness and irritation. Sodium Chloride or simply put salt, if used in moderation acts as an antiseptic, de-greases the skin and removes dead cells and dirt. I usually use this product before applying my makeup, or if I have nowhere to be I would spray it during the day to refresh my skin and take the greasy shine away. I don't necessarily use it as a replacement for a toner (but you can), even though it is marketed as one.

The majority of facial sprays (at least the ones I tried) contain alcohol which dries the skin out, parabens and fragrances. Serozinc is free from all the aforementioned and I really appreciate its simplistic ingredient list. It is easy to apply and can be used in multiple ways. You can use it as a toner, as a means to take the shine away, as a pick me up kind of thing or as a setting spray for your makeup. The possibilities are endless!

I purchased mine from Feelunique and it retails for 11,99€. Feelunqie offers free international shipping on orders over 15,00€. Usually they run some kind of promotions or discounts, which means you can save a few pennies as well.

If you have tried this product I would love to hear your thoughts!

Cheers,
Muffy

2 comments:

  1. Does not la roshe-pose retail in pharmacies in Finland? Can you buy this product there? 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! Unfortunately this product is not part of the assortment carried in Finland.

      Delete