Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Sigma E40 Brush - Hit or Miss?

I am a strong believer that if you use good tools for your makeup application you will achieve flawless results with more ease. I used to not care about makeup brushes and would just use whatever. After educating myself on this matter for the past few years, I realised that it is not that simple. There is an array of different brushes in the market and all of them have a purpose (be it blending, smudging, precision work, buffing etc). I mostly struggled with eyeshadow blending. My eyeshadows would never look right and often I would end up looking like I have been punched in the eye. Being a bloggerholic that I am, I researched what people have been raving about. As a result I became a proud owner of the Sigma E40 Tapered Blending brush.

Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush

Sigma Beauty is an international cruelty free brand that carries makeup brushes, makeup and accessories. It is best know for its brushes. Sigma E40 Tapered Blending brush was the first product I tried from the them and the only one thus far. As the name gives away, it is a blending brush. It is made out of synthetic fibres and is suitable for vegans. It is the fluffiest brush I own and the hairs are exceptionally soft. They don't scratch your eyelids when you are blending out crease colours. I use this brush every time I work with eyeshadows. It is great for applying transition colour, where you don't have to be extremely precise but you want the colour to be perfectly faded. If I want to pack on a few more colours I use this brush to diffuse the harsh edges. This brush can also be used for blending your under eye concealer. Since the bristles are synthetic they work well with cream products. I rely on this brush so much that I am thinking of getting a second one, so I can alternate between washes. I purchased mine from Feelunique and it retails for 14,78€.

Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush Side View
Sigma E40 Tapered Blending Brush Bristles 

It is for sure a hit for me! This brush has become an essential part in my makeup routine. I take it with me when I travel and that says a lot (if you are like me and you have plenty of brushes to choose from). It is cruelty free, incredibly soft, blends the colour seamlessly and is reasonably priced. What's more, it hasn't shed at all and I am pretty heavy handed when washing my brushes. 

Let me know if you have Sigma E40 in your collection or anything similar! I would love to know. 


Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment