Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Urban Decay Nail Colour in Vice

Urban Decay Nail Polish in Vice
Recently I have been going through my friend's nail polish stash to see if there is anything that tickles my fancy. And I happen to spot the Urban Decay Nail Polish in Vice. As far as I know Urban Decay doesn't carry nail polishes as part of their permanent line at the moment. But lo and behold I hear that they will be bringing them back and adding to the assortment. As such I figured why not put this guy to a test and share my experiences. 


Let's start with the obvious - packaging. In my opinion it's edgy, unique and I personally really like it. In regards to the colour itself, it's a metallic purply-wine colour. I usually don't gravitate towards metallic shades simply because my nails are very textured and this type of formula tends to emphasise it. Nevertheless, I think if you like metallic, complex shades you would love this one.   
Brush Applicator of the Urban Decay Nail Polish in Vice
One of the most important decisive factors for me whether I buy a nail polish or not is the brush. Doesn't matter how phenomenal the colour is if the brush is not to my liking, I wont use it and hence makes no sense spending money on it. The Urban Decay nail polish in Vice has an elongated slim brush and that is exactly the kind of applicator I just can't work with (and you will see exactly that in my messy application in the image below). I prefer more of a shorter flatter brush which pretty much covers my nail in one or two swipes. Think about the likes of Wet n Wild MegaLast polishes, YSL, Essie (non-prof one) and Essence. I could perhaps make it work if it was a nude shade but with bold colours such as Vice which are pretty unforgiving you simply can't get away with a sloppy application.  
Urban Decay Nail Polish in Vice
In terms of longevity it's OK. It's not the most long-wearing nail polish in my collection. That being said the longevity of a nail polish depends on what top and base coat you use, if any and what you do during the day (e.g type on the computer 24/7, wash dishes, open packages etc). As such I don't think it's a fair evaluation of how good or bad a nail polish is. As with all Urban Decay products these are cruelty-free. In terms of price I would expect it to retail for around 15.00 EUR. 

My final thoughts are, if you like metallic finishes, don't mind the skinny brush and looking for cruelty-free nail colours this could be a good alternative. Otherwise I feel like there are better options out there. I do hope Urban Decay will re-introduce these nail polishes and maybe for some miraculous reason changes the brush to a more user-friendly one and comes up with more creamier shades. In that case I would be one happy customer but we shall wait and see!

I hope you found this somewhat useful and if you know of any brands that make cruelty-free nail polishes please do let me know!

Until next time,
Muffy




No comments:

Post a Comment