Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Paula's Choice Resist Hydrating Cleanser


Not all cleanser are created equal. Some would say it's just a cleanser so how fancy does it have to be. Well, here's the thing. If you have dry and sensitive skin it needs to be darn fancy. From my experience the majority of cleansers have a tendency to dry the skin out and leave it feeling like the Gobi desert. Therefore, anything that has hydrating in the name I am all up for. As such I decided to give the Paula's Choice Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser a go. Plus I heard only good things about it, so why the heck not. 

This is my first experience with Paul's Choice skincare. I got really intrigued by it, as it's cruelty-free, made in the USA, non-irritating and is liked by many around the world. I have to say that it can get a bit overwhelming trying to find the right product range for your skin, as there are so many to choose from. I decided to go for the Resist range which targets wrinkles and dry skin.

Paula's Choice Resist Optimal Results Hydrating Cleanser
Now the cleanser comes in a nice sleek bottle with a pump. Highly appreciate that. Plus you get a generous amount of product (190ml). It claims to be non-foaming with an exceptionally gentle formula that works quickly to remove makeup, while leaving your skin feeling fresh, soothed and soft with no greasy residue. It's suitable for all skin types. It's fragrance and colourant free. 

After using it for several months I would have to agree that it's non-foaming, doesn't irritate the skin and I just need a small amount (1 pump) to cleanse my whole face. However, I don't completely agree that it leaves the skin feeling soft, soothed and hydrated. After using it (I use it as a second cleanse as I always remove the majority of my makeup with an oil first) my skin and especially a few dry patches on my forehead felt totally stripped of any moisture. Every time I used it, sure my skin felt clean, but not comfortably clean if you know what I mean. I would say as the weather is getting warmer and my dry patches are not as prominent, it tends to work better. This leads me to believe that in winter when my skin is particularly dry it's just not potent enough.   

Overall, I would have to say it's an OK basic cleanser. I'd imagine if you have normal or oily skin you would enjoy it. However, if you have dry to extremely dry skin this is not going to do the trick. I will continue using it in Spring and Summer but for colder months I would need to bring out the big guns, for example my all time favourite Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel.

I hope you found this helpful and if you have tried any other products from the Paula's Choice line, please let me know what are your top picks!

Cheers,
Muffy 

No comments:

Post a Comment