Friday, March 18, 2016

Morphe Elite Brushes Worth the Hype?

T-B: Morphe E3, Morphe E27 and Morphe E18
Makeup brushes are my weakness. I just love them. I have been on the hunt for a new blush brush and my lovely friends gave me a few brushes from the Morphe Brushes Elite collection for Christmas.  I have been using them ever since and have formulated a pretty solid opinion. To find out if these are worth checking out or not, keep on reading!

Morphe E3
Let's start with the Morphe E3 - Precision Pointed Powder Brush. This brush can be used for multiple purposes but I personally prefer it for applying blush. It's extremely soft and distributes the product so smoothly on the cheeks, without tugging, pulling or skipping. The bristles are synthetic. I don't have anything like it in my collection and it has fast become my go to blush brush. It washes easily and dries pretty quickly. A word of advice if you notice that your blush looks sort of blotchy: it might be because you are using a brush with natural bristles. Try using a brush with synthetic hairs instead.

L-R: Sigma E40 and Morphe E27
Moving on to the Morphe E27 - Pro Round Blender Brush. As the name suggests it's great for blending out eyeshadow, so you don't have any harsh lines. It's super fluffy and soft. It's non-scratchy on the eyes, blends like a dream and is made out of synthetic bristles. To me a good blending brush is a must. My go to for a long time has been Sigma E40 but after using Morphe E27 I'd go as far as saying that I prefer it over Sigma E40 simply because it's softer and fluffier (you can see the comparison in the picture below). It also sits well in my hand and pretty much does the job for me.

L-R: Sigma E40 and Morphe E27
Next up is the Morphe E18 - Round Crease Brush. It's meant for a more precise application and blending shadow in the crease. I don't personally use it for such purposes. Instead, I found it works great for smudging out eyeshadow along the lower lash line. I have previously tried pencil brushes but those tend to be pretty rough on the delicate under eye area. Morphe E18 is dense but at the same time quite flexible and soft, which makes it perfect for dispersing shadow. As with Morphe E3 and Morphe E27 it's made out of synthetic bristles.

L-R: Morphe E18 and Makeup Geek Outer V Brush
L-R: Morphe E18 and Makeup Geek Outer V Brush
Morphe E18 is very similar to the Makeup Geek's Outer V brush (as can be seen in the images above). The Makeup Geek's Outer V brush is just a tad bit denser. They both do the job, however I prefer Morphe E18 as it's more gentle. I mostly use the Makeup Geek's Outer V brush for applying an inner corner highlight and it's fantastic for that. 

Overall, I am very happy with the three brushes I own from the Morphe Elite Brushes collection. If you are on the market for affordable, good quality and synthetic brushes I think these are worth checking out. I have been eyeing Morphe E4 - Angled Contour brush, but it's always out of stock on Beautybay... arhhhhh!

As always if you have any suggestions for budget-friendly makeup brushes I have been missing out on, please let me know!

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment