Saturday, September 19, 2015

Mud Mask That Actually Works

I have tried an array of mud masks both affordable and higher-end. The thing is that none of them have ever left me feeling like they were doing anything to my skin. Well, that was about to change when I discovered the Sephora Collection Purifying and Mattifying Mud Mask. If you want to find out what is so special about it then keep on reading!

Sephora Collection Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying

First of all it comes in a pretty large jar, you get 60ml of product. You don't need a lot so this guy will last you for a really long time especially compared to the Glam Glow Masks. It claims to cleanse the skin, remove impurities, unclog the pores and reduce the appearance of pores. The formula is enriched with copper, zinc and white clay. It's dermatologically tested and non-comedogenic. It's formulated without parabens

Sephora Collection Mud Mask Purifying & Mattifying

Many people compare this mask to the Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment. I have tried a few samples of the Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment and have to say that the concept is similar but the texture is slightly different. Sephora Mud Mask has a thicker texture while Glam Glow is more liquidy. They both follow the same logic. You apply an even layer on your face and let it dry. Eventually you are left with a dried out mud mask and you can see certain areas on your face, usually the T zone, where the impurities have been pulled out. I personally enjoy that since I can actually see that it's doing something! 

Sephora Collection Mud Mask Purifying and Mattifying

Sephora Mud Mask does have a pretty strong scent to it but I actually like it. I think what also sets it apart from the Glam Glow counterpart is that it's less abrasive to the skin. I have sensitive, prone to eczema skin and I feel like Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment can be a bit too harsh for me. I don't have this problem with Sephora Mud Mask. I think Sephora Mud Mask delivers what it says. After I use it I feel like my skin looks radiant and the pores have been cleared out. I can see that the access sebum has been absorbed. What I also highly appreciate is that it does not dry my skin out, which is the case with the majority of mud masks. And of course let's not forget about the price point. Sephora Mud Mask is extremely affordable so you can't really go wrong with it. Of course for those of us who don't have Sephora nearby it can be harder to get.

Overall I am very happy with this mask. It gets the job done and does not break the bank. If you have been eyeing the Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment and could not justify buying it, I highly suggest opting for Sephora Mud Mask Purifying and Mattifying instead. It's as good if not better. Now that I think about it, Sephora Mud Mask also reminds me of the Murad Blemish Control Clarifying Mask, but again it's cheaper and has a more pleasant scent!

Let me know if you have tried Sephora Collection Purifying and Mattifying Mud Mask and what are your thoughts!

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment