Monday, September 14, 2015

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30

Today I am bringing your way a product that is somewhat a hybrid between makeup and skincare. It's the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30. I have been using this product consistently throughout the summer and have formed a pretty solid opinion. To find out what I think about it, just keep on reading!

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30 is quite a recent addition to the Kiehl's Clearly Corrective range. I have previously tried the Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution from the range but it didn't do much for me. Thus I was a little bit sceptical about this product. It comes in a handy 15ml squeeze-tube. It claims to instantly brighten the under-eye area, visibly correct dark circles and protect from UV damage & future discolouration. It contains Activated C and Licorice Root Extract. It's paraben and fragrance free. It's safe for sensitive eyes and formulated with 100% mineral filters. As you can see this little guy promises to deliver a bunch of benefits. 

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30 Packaging

The first thing to note is that the actual product is tinted, like if you were to use a concealer. Unlike concealers that are available in an array of colours this product comes in one shade. The consistency is slightly runnier than your average concealer and you need just a tiny little bit as it's extremely pigmented. It blends out like a dream without emphasising the fine-lines. It seriously brightens and conceals. I don't need to use a corrector underneath to counteract the darkness anymore. As said a little goes a long way with this product. Prior to purchasing a full size I got a few samples, and one sample sachet has lasted me for a couple of weeks at least. Just to give you an idea how little of this product you actually need. A 15ml tube will last you for a very long time. 

Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Circle Perfector SPF 30 

I have really been enjoying this product. For now it has replaced my trusty Bobbi Brown Corrector in Bisque and La Girl Pro Conceal in Creamy Beige. I highly appreciate the fact that it has an SPF 30, especially as I am getting older and want to take better care of the under-eye area. I don't use this product as a replacement for an eye cream but for lazy days or if you don't have any major concerns, why not. In my opinion it's not painfully expensive for what it is and how well it seems to work for me. As with all Kiehl's products you can ask for a sample and see how you get along. I would especially recommend trying out a sample first for ladies and gents with medium to deeper skin tones.

This is for sure one of my favourite makeup/skincare discoveries this year. It's a great multitasking product. It conceals dark circles and helps to look more awake. It blends into the skin seamlessly with fingers and with a brush. It does not crease throughout the day (I do set it with the powder though). If you are looking for a product that will work magic in concealing those pesky dark circles and at the same time offering skincare benefits and protection from UV damage, look no further!

Let me know if you have tried this product and what are your thoughts!

Until next time,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment