Friday, August 7, 2015

By Terry Ombre Black Star Worth the Splurge?

I am always up for finding great products at an affordable price. However, there seems to be a lack of cream eyeshadow sticks in the mass market. The very few I found and tried haven't performed too well. For example the Kiko Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadows crease on me if I don't use a primer. The very reason why I opt for a cream eyeshadow stick is because I want a fast one step solution. As such I decided to bite the bullet and get the By Terry Ombre Black Star Melting Eyeshadow in Misty Rock. To find out if it's worth the splurge, keep on reading!




I am quite new to the By Terry products. I haven't tried anything but the Ombre Black Star Melting Eyeshadow in Misty Rock. By Terry is a luxury makeup line that is cruelty-free. Neither its finished products nor ingredients are tested on animals. It's an independent company that doesn't sell in China. By Terry Ombre Black Star Melting Eyeshadows are meant to deliver intense, light-catching pigment with long-wear results. They are packed with Tahitian Black Pearl Extract which is rich in calcium, trace elements and pearl proteins. 

Let's start with packaging. It's sleek with no unnecessary bulkiness. It's surprisingly light weight. I would have imagined it to be a little bit more weighty. But other than that it looks and feels expensive. I appreciate that it's also colour coded, which means if you have several shades you can see which one is which. The eyeshadow comes in a stick format that you can twist up or down. Extremely handy for if you are on the go. The colour I picked is Misty Rock. I figured if I am going to spend a considerable amount of money on an eyeshadow I want it to be wearable yet unique. This shade did not disappoint. It's really difficult to describe as it's so multidimensional. To me it looks like a dusty-rose mauve with flecks of silver running through it. I heard that this shade is a chameleon since it looks different on everyone depending on your complexion. 

By Terry Ombre Black Star in Misty Rock
By Terry Ombre Black Star in Misty Rock (the swatch doesn't do it justice)

Besides the beautiful colour the formula is out of this world. This is one eyeshadow in my collection (and I have plenty) that I can wear on its own and it won't fade or crease. I can't stress enough how crease-proof this little guy is. A lot of cream eyeshadows claim to be long-lasting and crease-proof but most of them fail to deliver in that department. This one does exactly what it promises. The texture is creamy and glides effortlessly on the lids. I will however recommend doing one eye at the time as it dries pretty quickly. I apply it directly on my lids and smudge it with a fluffy blending brush, usually Zoeva 227 Soft Definer Vegan. I always suggest using a synthetic brush with cream products. 

What I also appreciate about this product is that it can take you from day to night. You can swipe a sheer layer of colour all over your lids for a day time look and when going out at night you can intensify the colour by applying a little bit more (until reaching the desired effect). The only downside of this product is the price. I purchased mine from Feelunqiue but you can also find it on Net-a-Porter. At the time of this post going live, Feelunique is running a 20% off site wide including By Terry products. If you wanted to try this product, now is the time to get it! In general, always be on the lookout for offers and discounts, as Feelunqiue has those quite frequently. 

Overall this is one of the favourite products I have purchased in a long while. If I want a no-fuss eyeshadow look that won't budge, I pick this one up. It's pricey but, in my opinion, worth it. I am thinking of getting at least one more shade - Bronze Moon - in the future. A not so little hint, this would make a wonderful gift for a special other. 

Let me know if you have tried anything from By Terry and what you would recommend!

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment