Wednesday, February 3, 2016

The Route To Great Hair?

I am not a massive fan of hair products but I like to try some once in a while. What I am looking for in hair products is something that would give my hair lift, volume and texture. For texture I usually use something along the lines of texturising spray (e.g Charles Worthington Volume & Bounce) or dry shampoo (e.g Batiste). Imagine my excitement when I came across a Lush product called Roots, which promises fabulous hair with added volume. To find out if this is the route to great hair or not keep on reading!

Lush Roots Hair Treatment 

As with most Lush products, it comes in a pot and contains a generous amount of product, 225g. You don't need a lot since you have to distribute it on your roots only and this guy has lasted me for over 6 months and I am not even done with it yet. The consistency is that of a thick lotion and it has a very pleasant minty scent to it. The key ingredients are: honey, peppermint oil, sweet orange oil and extra virgin olive oil. It's cruelty free but not paraben free. This is a 20min leave in treatment, which you work into your scalp before shampooing and conditioning.



I tried to get this product to work for me multiple times but every single time I was left disappointed. In the end I just stopped using it altogether. The thing is that for my purpose which was to get extra volume and oomph it failed to deliver. It just left my hair feeling and looking flat. I did not notice any additional volume or lift from the roots. I used it consistently every week hoping that perhaps over time I will notice a difference. Nope. That being said I think this product could be a lifesaver for someone with itchy scalp since it feels very calming and cooling. However, if like me you are looking for something that will provide you with additional volume I suggest you look elsewhere.



Overall, I am quite disappointed with this product since I read so many reviews saying how amazing it is. Unfortunately it did nothing for my hair. I am by no means a hair expert but I'd rather stick to a shampoo such as Rahua Voluminous Shampoo or Lush Seanik Shampoo Bar (especially if you want to decrease waste) for added volume. 

Let me know if there are any hair treatments that actually help in making your hair look and feel like that of a lion's mane. 

Until next time,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment