Monday, February 8, 2016

YSL Eyeshadow #4 Facon and A Possible Dupe



I am a sucker for neutral matte eyeshadows. In my mind there is no such thing as too many neutral matte eyeshadows. Recently I was visiting my friend who kindly let me look through her makeup stash, since she is downsizing. I could not help but notice a YSL Couture Mono Eyeshadow in #4 Facon, which had to be mine based on the earlier statement. As soon as I got home I went through my collection and surprise surprise managed to find a dupe for it. To find out what it is, keep on reading!

YSL Couture Mono Eyeshadow in #4 Facon and Makeup Geek Eyeshadow in Barcelona Beach

Let's start with addressing the fact that the YSL single eyeshadow in #4 Facon featured here is a tester, just so you know. When you do buy this eyeshadow, it comes in a nice sleek golden packaging with a YSL logo. This particular colour can be found in the permanent YSL Couture Mono Eyeshadow line, so there is no need to rush out and buy it. The shade itself can appear boring to some people but to me this is perfection. It's that ideal medium sand shade with taupe undertones which is perfect for mimicking the natural shadow of your crease. Is it a unique colour? Anything new that we haven't seen before? Of course not. But it's sophisticated, timeless and versatile. Simply something you can't go wrong with. 

YSL Couture Mono Eyeshadow in #4 Facon

In terms of pigmentation it's alright. It's not the best I have tried compared to for example Urban Decay and Makeup Geek, but you can work with it. It's not patchy nor chalky, but needs building up. That could be a good thing especially for those that are intimidated by highly pigmented shadows or have a heavy hand. The texture I would describe as satin. It's not completely matte but not shimmery either and feels very smooth to the touch. Now, as with all YSL products you can expect this little guy to be pretty pricy. As such if you want a more budget alternative with an added bonus of being talc and cruelty free I suggest you take a closer look at Makeup Geek's Barcelona Beach single eyeshadow.

L-R: YSL #4 Facon and Makeup Geek Barcelona Beach

When compared side by side you can see that YSL single eyeshadow in Facon has a slight sheen, whereas Makeup Geek's Barcelona Beach is matte and a tad bit richer. However, when you put them on your eyes you can't tell the difference (but as said earlier you need to build up Facon to get the same colour payoff). 

I will continue using both eyeshadows. That being said if you are on a budget (or not) and looking for a great crease colour that has fantastic pigmentation and great ingredients I say look no further then Makeup Geek's Barcelona BeachI think YSL makes some of the best nail polishes on the market but the single eyeshadows are yet to impress me. 

I hope you found this comparison helpful and if you have any suggestions for must-have matte crease shadows, let me know!

Until next time,
Muffy

P.S Did you know that Makeup Geek's Barcelona Beach can also double up as a contour shade for your cheeks.   

No comments:

Post a Comment