Monday, October 12, 2015

Budget Pick - Essence Lipliners

It has been a while since I posted on my blog and I decided to get back on track with a budget friendly product review. Today I will be talking about Essence Lipliners. I've had these in my collection for sometime now and they are among my top lipliners that I grab for especially if I fancy a darker lip. Let me walk you through the shades I have and why I love them so much.

Essence Lipliners
T-B: Wish Me A Rose, Satin Mauve and Soft Berry

In my current possession I have three shades: 12 Wish Me A Rose - rosy pink, 06 Satin Mauve - dark mauve nude and 05 Soft Berry -  purply mauve. My favourite out of the bunch has to be Satin Mauve just because I wear darker nudes and mauves on regular basis. It has that Kylie Jenner vibe to it, therefore if you want to be rocking the Kylie Jenner lip I suggest you pick this one up. Soft Berry is particularly great for this time of year. It goes so well with purple and berry hues. 

The formula of these lipliners is incredible. They are creamy, non-drying, easy to apply and are long-wearing. I mean what else would you want from a lipliner? I think these are hands down one of the best lip liner formulas at the drugstore (besides of course my all time favourite Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in Eastend Snob). My only complaint would be the colour selection. I think they should definitely extend their colour range and introduce more every day type of shades something along the lines of Mac Subculture & Mac Soar. For instance Wish Me A Rose is a tad too pink for my liking. I would have preferred it to be slightly more dusty and muted for everyday wear. Needless to say Essence is a cruelty-free brand in case, like me, you are looking for more ethical makeup alternatives. 

Wish Me A Rose, Satin Mauve and Soft Berry
L-R: Wish Me A Rose, Satin Mauve and Soft Berry

Overall I think you can't go wrong with these lipliners. If you have been unsure about lipliners and consider them as an unnecessary step in your makeup routine I say check these ones out. They will change your mind. They are creamy, glide on the lips like a dream and are extremely affordable. They will make your lip colour last for ages without making your lips feel uncomfortable. In Finland you can find Essence products including these lipliners at Tokmanni

Let me know if you have tried these lipliners and what is your favourite shade!

Cheers,
Muffy



No comments:

Post a Comment