Friday, January 8, 2016

Best Beauty Discoveries of 2015



I am very excited to finally share with you my Top Beauty Discoveries of 2015. Let me tell you, it was not easy to narrow it down, but I had to be pretty ruthless and think which products actually stood out to me. I am very content with the selection and I stand by every single product mentioned here. If I have a separate review on any of these products I will link it below. So, shall we dive right in?

Gwen Stefani x Urban Decay Eyeshadow Palette
First up and probably something that doesn't come as a surprise, is the Urban Decay Gwen Stefani eyeshadow palette. This palette is a neutral girl's dream. Since I got it, I haven't touched any of my other eyeshadows. I love everything about it, packaging, shades, longevity and blendability. If you are lacking on the neutral shadows department, pick this one up!

Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick in 1993 and Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in Rapture

Keeping it within the Urban Decay theme its Matte Revolution and Revolution lipsticks are one of the best lipstick formulas out there. Revolution lipsticks have been around for a while, but I have tried them for the first time only in 2015. In my opinion the Matte Revolution lipsticks are comparable to NARS Audacious lipsticks, but come with a more affordable price tag. 

Urban Decay After Glow 8-hour Blushes in Video and Fetish

Moving along, Urban Decay Afterglow 8-hour Blushes were pretty much all I wore for the past 6 months. These are extremely pigmented, long-lasting and talc-free (in case you are allergic like me). Can't fault these blushes, amazing stuff. I am not sponsored by Urban Decay - in fact, they have no idea who I am. I just genuinely like their products which are cruelty-free. 

La Girl Pro Concealer in Natural

I always had difficulty finding a concealer that provides a decent amount of coverage and does not emphasise fine lines. La Girl Pro Concealer does exactly that, and what's more it's cruelty-free and will not break the bank. I honestly have no idea how it can be this good and cheap. 

T-B: Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Marvelous Mauve, Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Lust,
Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in Eastend Snob

2015 was the year of liquid lipsticks and lipliners. People went bananas over a matte 90s lip, yours truly included. The two liquid lipstick that I used on a daily basis were: Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Marvelous Mauve and Milani Amore Matte Lip Creme in Lust. In terms of lipliners there was just the one and only Rimmel Exaggerate Lipliner in Eastend Snob. This is hands down my favourite lipliner of all time. The only downside is that it's not cruelty-free. A good alternative would be Catrice's Long Lasting Lip Pencil in 080 That's What Rose Wood Do!


Lastly a few skincare bits and a perfume that I discovered during 2015. Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel is by far my favourite product discovery of 2015. This cleanser is amazeballs. I have been using it for a couple of months now and my skin loves it. I have extremely sensitive, eczema and acne prone skin. This cleanser never leaves my skin feeling irritated or dehydrated. Instead it leaves it feeling smooth and nourished. I won't go into much details here, as I will be having a separate review on it soon, so keep your eyes out for that. Another skincare item that impressed me was the Sephora Mud Mask Purifying and Mattifying. It's great for clarifying the skin, especially if you have breakouts or congested skin. It's non-drying and you can actually see how it pulls all the nasty stuff out of your skin. Perfume wise the honours go to Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom. I don't have anything like it in my collection. It's floral, powdery but warm at the same time. Lovely scent and unlike other Jo Malone fragrances that tend to wear off on my skin pretty quickly this one stays put for a really long time.  

These are my tried and true beauty products which I will continue using in 2016. I would love to hear if you are loving any of these or what are your best beauty discoveries of 2015!

Until next time,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment