Monday, November 16, 2015

Kiehl's Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment

Let's talk a little bit about hair care today, shall we. If you have been following my blog for a while you know that I have raved about the Kiehl's Scalp Purifying Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. As such I was pretty excited when I saw the Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment which comes from the same range. Plus, an exfoliator for your scalp, really? Sure we are all familiar with using scrubs for the body, face, feet but scalp? That concept is pretty new to me. As a result I decided to give it a go in case I was missing out on something amazing in my life. 

Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment

First things first, what's this product for? Simply put it helps loosen flaky buildup, purify and restore a healthy balance to the scalp. The lady at the Kiehl's counter also told me that this product stimulates the scalp and promotes faster hair growth. Sounds really promising if you ask me. In terms of ingredients it contains: argan exfoliators, vitreoscilla ferment, apricot seed powder, menthol and rosemary leaf oil. It's dermatologically tested. It's recommended that you use it 1-2 times a week or as needed. You apply this prior to shampooing on dry or wet scalp. Gently massage and leave for about 5 minutes before rinsing.

Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment

Now, my thoughts. I really enjoy the minty scent. It's very refreshing, but that is pretty much where my liking for this product ends. It's very difficult to work into the scalp be it dry or wet. As naturally you have all the hair in the way. I would imagine this would be easier to use for people with short hair but if you have anything shoulder length or longer it will be a struggle. Once you have managed to get the product distributed into the scalp it's a pain to rinse off. My hair never feels completely clean after using it. There is always a greasy residue. When it comes to purifying and balancing the scalp I haven't honestly noticed any difference. 

Would I recommend this product? Hell, no. I think it's a gimmick. If you want an effective treatment for your scalp I would highly suggest the Scalp Purifying Anti-Dandruff Shampoo. It's fantastic and you can actually see the difference. Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment on the other hand made washing my hair a very tedious and unpleasant process.

Hope this review was helpful for some of you.

Until next time,
Muffy


1 comment:

  1. Is it okay to post part of this on my website basically post a hyperlink to this webpage? zincplex

    ReplyDelete