Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Sensitive & Flaky Scalp? I got you sorted

Let's be honest: sensitive and flaky scalp is not fun or attractive. But don't you despair! I got you covered - let me introduce Kiehl's Scalp Purifying Pyrithione Zinc Dandruff Shampoo. 

Kiehl's Scalp Purifying Pyrithione Zinc Dandruff Shampoo
Since I have atopic eczema, my entire skin tends to be super sensitive and dry, including my scalp. This winter I had the worst episode of dry flaky scalp. It was flaking like no other and I felt very self conscious about it. I tried various oils and treatments for my scalp from the pharmacy but, frankly speaking, nothing worked. It might have taken the itching sensation off for some time but it would not stop my scalp from being super dry and flaky. It was my friend who suggested I try Kiehl's Scalp Purifying Dandruff Shampoo. I went to a Kiehl's counter here in Finland( you can find it at a central Stockmann in Helsinki and Tampere)and asked for a few samples. That is what I like about Kiehl's. They have an amazing customer service and will always give you samples if you ask. In terms of ingredients, as the name suggests, it contains Zinc which helps to fight dandruff, redness and itching. It is also packed with essential oils such as Rosemary Leaf and Marjoram Oil. 

This product has a very pleasant none intrusive minty scent, which I personally like. It is non-stripping and leaves my scalp feeling refreshed. After a few uses I could already notice that the skin was less irritated and having used this product for a month I could see a massive difference. Now my scalp is back to normal, and I keep this product in my weekly hair care routine. I don't use it every time I wash my hair but at least once or twice a week. 

This is now my holy grail product (as many bloggers and youtube's would put it) and I could not be without it. The thought of running out gives me a slight panic attack! In terms of price, it costs 22,00€, which in my opinion is not too bad. You don't need a lot, so a little goes a long way. I bought mine in winter and I am only half way through. 

If you suffer from sensitive and flaky scalp I highly recommend you try this guy out. As said you can always ask for samples at your nearest Kiehl's counter and see how you get along. 

Cheers,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment