Monday, November 21, 2016

Don't Look At Me Fresh Mask

Lush fresh mask Don't Look At Me
I am always up for trying Lush fresh masks, mainly because it's a nice perk when you return 5 empty black pots. If I recall correctly I have tried almost all of them, but Don't Look At Me is a newer addition to the line. Without any hesitation I decided to pick it up and let's be honest the colour was just too fun to pass. 


As with all Lush fresh masks it comes in a black pot made from recycled material. Since these masks are fresh, they have a much shorter shelf-life compared to your traditional face masks and need to be stored in a fridge. Don't Look At Me is an exfoliating mask which helps to smooth and brighten your complexion. 

Some of the key ingredients are: fresh organic orange juice, murumuru butter, organic silken tofu, rice syrup, grounded white rice, grapefruit oil and neroli oil. It's vegan and cruelty-free.

The texture is that of a scrub, so you can feel the tiny little granules of rice when lathering the mask on your face. It has a fresh invigorating scent, not too intense, which I quite enjoy. You leave it on for 10-15 minutes and rinse it off. I usually never keep track of time so sometimes I end up having it on for 20-25 minutes and it hasn't caused any itching or irritation to the skin.


In terms of results it brightens and smooths out the skin. That being said, it's not that different from other scrubs or exfoliating masks I have tried before. Despite having the murumuru butter, I feel that it leaves my skin feeling a little bit tight, therefore I always follow up with a hydrating mask.

I think Don't Look At Me is an OK mask. It does what is says, but it lacks the WOW factor for me, if you discard the poping aquamarine colour. Do keep in mind that it's a fresh mask and you might not use all of it up prior to its expiration date. Granted you are like me and you prefer to rely on chemical exfoliators and rarely remember to use physical onesMy all-time favourite Lush fresh mask is still the Catastrophe Cosmetic, and I'd highly recommend picking that one up if you can't decide which one to get.

I hope you found this useful and let me know what's your favourite Lush fresh face mask and/or which one would you like to try next!

Until next time,
Muffy

No comments:

Post a Comment