Friday, October 21, 2016

Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask


I have been on a hunt for a reasonably priced hydrating mask after I have run out of the Glam Glow one which is extremely pricey and not in my budget at the moment. Having looked around I decided to pick up the Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask and see if it's any good. I have been using it for a good few months and now feel comfortable sharing my thoughts with you. 


As always let's start with the packaging. It comes in a squeeze tube with no outer cardboard packaging. The design is pretty basic and non-offensive. You get 118ml of product which is a good amount and should last for quite some time. It has a shelf life of 12 months after opening. It has no distinct scent. It's cruelty free, non-irritating, fragrance free and made in the USA. It's suitable for normal, dry and very dry skin.

When it comes to ingredients it's packed with various oils such as borage seed oil, evening primrose oil, olive fruit oil and apricot kernel oil. It doesn't contain PEGs which I personally try to avoid in my skincare. 


In terms of consistency it's on a thicker side but non-greasy. It glides over the face easily and absorbs quite quickly without leaving a sticky residue, which I appreciate. You can use this product as a typical mask leaving it for 20 min and rinsing it off or as an overnight mask. I prefer using it as an overnight mask. Occasionally when my skin feels exceptionally dry I use it as a night cream on consecutive days and it has worked well in this way too.

I will continue using this product and think it's a good one if you want a basic straightforward hydrating mask. It won't do miracles but no skincare will, but it will help relieve dry, irritated skin. It doesn't cost a fortune and the squeeze tube packaging helps retain the properties of light and air-sensitive ingredients.

I hope you found this helpful. I'd be happy to hear if you have tried Paula's Choice skincare and what you would recommend!

Until next time,
Muffy

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the post, I might try this one as well once I run out of my current stash :D I do like Origins hydrating masks (I had Drink Up, and now I am using Calm To Your Senses, which is apparently discontinued). But since they are not cruelty free, I will not repurchase..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to hear you found this useful! Yes, I have tried the Origins Drink Up one as well, but it was too fragranced for me. I think if you've liked the Origins one you will get along with Paula's Choice, they do pretty much the same job :).

      Delete