Wednesday, December 6, 2017

If you want your makeup to last...


There has been countless instances when my makeup would melt off my face, be it at a special occasion, sightseeing at an extremely humid holiday destination or simply having a very long day at work. Frankly speaking I got pretty fed up and made it my mission to find a solution. Something that could prolong the wear time of my makeup, without having to resort to a very thick long-wearing foundation. Lo and behold I think I found it!


Kat Von D Lock-It Blotting Powder in Light
First up is the Kat Von D Lock-It Blotting Powder. I thought that every powder is the same, oh boy was I wrong. This one is something else. It's finely milled and super smooth to the touch. It doesn't look cakey or powdery and is non-scented. The packaging is pretty neat and sturdy making it suitable for travelling and your everyday makeup bag. It's also cruelty free and vegan. On top of this it actually does the job. I can see the difference in the longevity of my makeup when I use it. It ticks almost all the boxes for me, besides being talc free. 

Kat Von D Lock-It Makeup Setting Spray (mini size)

Next up is the Kat Von D Lock-It Makeup Setting Spray. I have always been pretty sceptical towards setting sprays until I tried this one. The mist is very fine and has a slight scent, but nothing too offensive. To me it smells like cucumbers. It dries quite quickly without leaving blotchy marks or a sticky feeling on the face. It's also great in instances when you have overdone it in the powder department by toning down the powdery look and making everything appear more seamless. As all Kat Von D products it's cruelty free and vegan (not all her products are vegan though, but to my knowledge she is working towards making her entire makeup line vegan). I used this setting spray on my wedding day and I can wholeheartedly recommend it. I did re-apply it a few times throughout the day and my makeup stayed intact the whole time.

If you want your makeup to last I would suggest you check out these two products. They can be used alone or together. I don't use them on a daily basis but if I want my makeup to stay put I know exactly what to do. The only downside is that Kat Von D is not easily available here in Finland.

If you know any other products that deliver the same results let the girl know, I'd be curious to try those out!

Until next time,
Muffy



No comments:

Post a Comment